Real Madrid and Barcelona... Potentially beautiful, sadly pathetic.

Discussion in 'La Liga' started by Roquefort Junior, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Roquefort Junior

Just watching another Clasico tonight maybe realised how pathetic these two teams are when they square up against each other on the pitch. What should be a showcase of arguably the two best teams on the planet is consistently proving to be a pretentious battle of inflated ego's and constant tear shedding.

Seeing incidents tonight such as constant gamesmanship, simulation and foul play makes me wonder why no action is being taken after the game is finished. Obvious simulation should be a bookable offense, whether a foul or not, and actions such as the blatant stamping on Messi's hand by Pepe is both shameful and cowardly. Every Clasico of the last couple of years has followed such a pattern and always leaves me with my head in my hands thinking; what has happened to the 'beautiful game' I grew up with.

It just leaves me absolutely clueless at what should be one of football's greatest spectacles.

If you want to see what is fundamentally wrong with todays game watch a Clasico. Thankfully being able to rely on moments of Messi's magic keeps me watching regardless.

2. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

It's all because of Jose Mourhino, he has dragged everyone at Real Madrid down to his level, Barca do dive but only because the Madrid player's can't compete with them playing football so they have to try and hack them down. You only have to look at the game's before Jose took charge they were nothing like this it was all about football, now it's about diving, cheating, and general toe-rag behaviour and that's what Jose does best.

3. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

I would agree that Mourhino has added to the tensions as I expect he felt that was the only way Real could catch Barcelona, however the crowding around the referee and constant niggles reminded me of Chelsea and Arsenal v Man U a few years back.

Sadly tonight they only real bit of class was Dani Alves' goal.

4. terrypaine

terrypaine Member

Exactly OROW, it was remarkably similar to what you can see any Saturday of any month in the EPL. Flaring hypocrisy to castigate a foreign league for diving and dirty play.