Daily Racing Thread Saturday 19th. September 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 18, 2020.

1. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

This weeks Scoop 6/Win Lucky 63/Place acca:

2:15 Newbury - Tenbury Wells 11/4
    2:30 Ayr - King's Lynn 3/1
    3:05 Ayr - Umm Kulthum 15/8
    3:25 Newbury - Rhythm Master 11/4
    3:40 Ayr - Nahaarr 11/2
    4:30 Newbury - Marshal Dan 9/2

Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.
  2. Reebok

Reebok Well-Known Member

Morning horsey peeps :)

With apologies in advance to Boris, who's 2 selections have fallen into my net too - today's ITV picks

Newbury
    140 Wise Words
    215 Kingsbrook ew
    250 Extra Elusive
    325 Rhythm Master

Ayr
    155 Addeybb
    230 Rathbone ew
    305 Setantii Girl ew / Red Fascinator ew
    340 Staxton

Good luck all <ok>

Pilgrim likes this.
  3. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Has anybody seen any of those trainers who were moaning about prize money? How come only four turn out for the Group 3 at Newbury? £27k for the winner with no-one running for the fifth and sixth money. The same prize money attracted seven in the Group 3 sprint so someone will go home empty handed.

In the Mill Reef there is a choice to be made between the potential of the unexposed maiden race winners Alkumait, First Edition and Fivethousandtoone; and the form in the book runners Bahrain Pride (won Listed race on soft ground), Gimcrack runner-up Devilwala (no chance with winner) and Prix Morny third Rhythm Master (Cairn Gorm behind). Whilst the latter’s Group 1 effort may be the best, it is a concern that the ground will be the quickest he has encountered today.

With my jinx jockey elsewhere, Dane O’Neill is on MANAABIT in the 2:40 at HQ. The only concern is that she has not run for two months and this race does look to be between the three three-year-olds. Lady Lynetta won well on her penultimate start before a poor effort on soft last time but I wonder about Mostly, having been beaten with a penalty last time she now has a tongue tie for her handicap debut.

I cannot be having Ocean Wind on handicap debut in the Cesarewitch Trial so he will probably win easily.

The opener at HQ should be very interesting with Logician’s half sister Monsoon Moon (already raced once) taking on Masar’s half sister Sayyida (debutant).

4. hammyend

hammyend New Member

5. hammyend

hammyend New Member

Against my better judgement I too have stood for ARECIBO at 14/1 for the gold cup. This horse has the ability but is a proper- thief, blinkers and eye shield on today in the hope that they will work the oracle, also the booking of Atzeni is interesting, he has never ridden Arecibo before but if any rider can kid this horse into winning he can.

6. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

15:00 Newton Abbot - Ever So Cool

(Has very good chance in this event for the Skelton squad. 7/2 best price at time of writing. As Rudey pointed-out, so many hosses running it is nigh-on impossible today! Never mind, have a successful day to those who have a plunge, good luck!)

<cheers>

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

3.40 Ayr Lexington Dash 25/1 e.w.

8. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

I think Hollie blew that going left, should of stayed straight on Equilateral?

9. Benoit Blanc

Benoit Blanc 1 of the top judges in Europe

Wise Words absolutely stank the place out and never went 1 yard, not 1 yard, amazing how the market knows, will be keeping an eye on her though for when she is wanted in the market, money stolen today but will get it back with her at some point I think. Enjoy the free cash Mr Tate.

Equilateral is a massive dog, always has been.

10. SwanHills

<laugh> Maybe Equilateral can keep Ghaiyyath company as his 'lead pony'?

11. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Nothing of interest for me at Newmarket, so that cut's the races down a bit.

I thought Andrew Balding has a chance of winning both Cup races at Ayr today. King's Lynn tries to set up the double in the Silver Cup and although he was beaten at odds-on last time the colt who beat him is Starman, who went on to land a Listed race in grand style next time and he is now rated 111. It would be unwise to expect King's Lynn to improve by the same amount but because he gets in here off 94, any improvement at all will make him the one to beat after the form getting the boost that it did. King's Lynn is short on big field experience but I would rather have latent talent than experience in a tight handicap. I have seen worse looking 4/1 shots in races like this.

In the Gold Cup itself, I thought Stone Of Destiny came back to form at the right time for this famous race. Able Albert was my first bet in the race way back in the day and I recall listening to it on the tannoy in the bookies and hearing him called second. Shortly afterwords came the announcement to "Hold the result at Ayr, the judge has called for a photo" the next thing I knew was Able Albert called as the winner at 9/1. Anyway, Stone Of Destiny is under a penalty today and on 98 but he has won off 97 in the past and used to be rated in the 100's, with his 4th in the Group 1 Commonwealth Cup as a 3YO an indicator of his quality in the past. In a tricky race he looked likely to run well again after finishing well to win last time out. 8/1 seemed the right sort of price. Nahaarr was short last time but disappointed but he is tipped again by plenty and is short again. If he wins fair enough but it would seem silly to be burnt twice in the same scenario with the same horse.

2.30 Ayr King's Lynn 4/1
    3.45 Ayr Stone Of Destiny 8/1

Two singles and a double on the Balding pair.

12. Reebok

Reebok Well-Known Member

I've had my beady eye on this chap the last four runs, he was imperious early summer, and will come back to that level at some stage. But not today I fear - hold up horse from stall 1 ...... good luck, but not for me <ok>

My sheckel is on Staxton in what is always a mad race!

Fave Addeybb next from Newb ............

13. stick

stick Bumper King

thats the sound of me tearing up betting slips!

Reebok likes this.
  14. Benoit Blanc

never a good sign when the two bob jonahs are picking your horses, means youve made a blunder

15. Benoit Blanc

Grendel with a 36 year aftertime, impressive

stick likes this.
  16. stick

stick Bumper King

He is so game!

Reebok likes this.
  17. SwanHills

Things will change, that I am sure!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  18. Reebok

Reebok Well-Known Member

Kingsbrook next at Newbury. 2 bob on the nose <laugh>

19. Benoit Blanc

the nicker men are out in force it seems, change flying all over counters up and down the country

20. Reebok

Reebok Well-Known Member

That's the problem with shielding - the ATM's only give folding. Have to resort to busking to feed the gambling

Bustino74 and Benoit Blanc like this.